Terms and Conditions
My Designer Handbag's Hire Terms and Conditions
By completing an online booking, manual booking, online payment or bank transfer you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions.
In the below text ‘MDH' refers to My Designer Handbag and ‘you’ refers to you, the customer.
1. You, the customer, will be directed to the registration form before checkout. You will need to provide your full name, email, phone number, home address, Photo ID and proof of address. All information will be stored securely and is not issued to any third party. Your email will be added to our mailing list, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. MDH has the right to refuse anyone who does not meet the registration security requirements ( i.e. identification, proof of address etc ).If the documents provided to not meet MDH minimum security requirements MDH has the right to refuse to send out a parcel and the full hire fee will be refunded.
1. Full payment is required to secure your booking. Payment is to be made online through the checkout unless prior arrangements have been made with MDH.
1. All MDH customers must be over the age of 18yrs.
2. Photo ID in the form of current New Zealand Drivers licence or Passport is required to be uploaded on the registration form for identification purposes.
3. Proof of home address is required in the form of a power, phone, council rates or bank statement. This must state your name and home address as submitted on the registration form. This is to be uploaded on the registration form.
4. All uploaded files are stored on a secure server and not issued to any third parties. Except in the instance of a damaged or stolen item when personal information may be used to recover costs associated with repairing or replacing the item
5. The customer agrees and acknowledges that MDH will use personal details from the registration form if a breach of the terms and conditions occurs, this includes but is not limited to the following:
A. Damage caused to the bag.
B. Stealing the bag.
C. Losing the bag
D. Late return of the bag, after the return date.
1. Your delivery rate will be selected at checkout depending on your location. Return postage ( within NZ ) is included in all prices. Both delivery and return postage include tracking for security purposes.
2. A return prepaid, addressed courier satchel will be provided. This must be posted on the end date of your rental period. Failure to do this will result in late penalty fees.
3. All orders must be placed by Wednesday 10am to achieve a Friday delivery.
4. The delivery address given at checkout must have someone available to sign for the package on delivery. Failure to provide this will result in the parcel being redirected to a collection spot and pick up will then be your responsibility
5. Delivery date takes effect when the customer signs for the delivery. Expect in the following instance:
A. Please note ALL couriers will need to be signed for so it is important your shipping address will have someone available to sign for the package. If no one is available to sign for the package it will be redirected and you will be required to collect the package from a NZ post store. If this results in your bag not being available for your event no refunds or credits will be offered in this instance.
6. Return date takes effect as soon as the customer has dropped the package at a NZ post shop and the item has been scanned.
7. Please be sure to request a receipt at the post shop when handing over the return package. If an item is lost or delayed in transit and you, the customer can not provide proof of receipt ( handing over of the parcel ) then you, the customer is liable for the replacement cost or late penalty fee.
8. You, the customer are responsible for re-packing the bag as per MDH instructions to prevent damage during posting.
1. All prices indicated on the website are for a 4day rental period.
2. Your bag will be couriered to you to ensure you receive it on the start date of your rental period.
3. Your bag must be dropped to an NZ post shop no later than 5pm on the end date of your rental period. Failure to do this may result in late penalty fees.
4. Extended hire periods are available on request. But these must be requested and agreed to before the final day of your rental.
1. If a bag can not be posted on the end date of your rental period please advise MDH immediately. If the bag is returned late without prior arrangement the following fees will be charged to your payment card.
A. Late return fee of $35 per day for everyday extending the agreed rental period.
2. An invoice will be emailed to you for the outstanding amount. After 24hrs of billing the customer MDH will then withdraw the amount from the customers payment card unless otherwise stated by MDH.
3. In the event that the item is not returned (more than 3 days late), and you have made no attempt to contact MDH your payment card will be charged for each day the item is late. If no attempt is made within 7 days to return the item your payment card will be charged with the full RRP of the item hired along with fees to cover the loss of bookings that may have been affected.
Damage / Repairs
1. Do not attempt to wash or repair your item, professional cleaning and maintenance will be carried out by MDH if required.
2. It is the responsibility of the customer to check for damages when the bag is received and notify MDH prior to use, of any discrepancies with the condition of an item.
3. If an item is damaged, do not attempt to wash or repair the item at all. Please communicate the damage to MDH and return the bag in the courier satchel provided.
4. Damage to a bag that requires professional repair will incur a fee. A damage report will be emailed to you and outline the repairs and cost required. The cost to repair the bag ( plus postage ) will be charged to your payment card.
5. If the damaged item has been booked and the item will not be back from repairs in time, an additional hire fee will be charged.
6. If a bag is damaged beyond repair, you, the customer are required to pay the RRP of the item as stated on our website. What is considered 'damaged beyond repair' is up to the discretion of MDH. In the event of a bag being deemed damaged beyond repair an invoice will be sent for the RRP of the item. Once the penalty has been paid the damaged item will be returned to the customer.
1. In the event that a customer can not pay for any penalty fee whether it be for damage, loss or replacement of a bag, MDH is willing to enter into a reasonable short-term payment plan at its sole discretion.
2. If the customer defaults on the agreed payment plan MDH will take legal action through a debt collector to recover the penalty fee. This action will be at MDH sole discretion and without notice until all costs are recovered.
1. Hire fees and postage costs are non-refundable for change of mind once the bag is received.
2. Bookings made with discounts or coupons can not be transferred to another date. A credit note for the order amount will be issued if the booking requires cancellation or an exchange.
3. Cancellations require at least 72hrs notice prior to the start date of your rental period to be eligible for a refund.
4. Cancellations made more than 7days before the start date of your rental period will incur no fee.
5. Cancellations made less than 7days before the start date of your rental period will incur a 50% fee of your total hire fee.
6. All requests for refunds in extreme circumstances will be reviewed and in most cases a credit note will be issued.
7. Credit notes are valid for 12 months.
1. Gift Cards can not be redeemed for cash.
2. Gift Cards are redeemable for 3yrs from the date of purchase.
3. Gift Cards purchased at a discounted rate can not be redeemed with any other offer.
Right of Refusal
MDH had the right to refuse or cancel, any registration or hire-age at any time at MDH's discretion. In this instance a full refund will be made to the payment card used to make the booking.
My Designer Handbag’s Obligations
MDH have the following obligations to the Customer:
A. To process all orders in a timely manner.
B. To ensure that the Customer receives the bag by the time the Hire Period takes effect.
C. To keep the Customer’s registration details confidential, unless MDH is satisfied that the Customer has committed a criminal offence by way of theft and/or fraud of the bag. In that case, the Customer’s entire account will be released to the Police and/or Debt Collector for prosecution purposes.
D. To make all attempts to contact the Customer (i.e. mobile, SMS, email ) when the Accessory has not been returned before charging late return, damage or replacement fees.
You, the Customer have the following obligations to MDH and our product:
A. To ensure that the bag is not damaged or stolen by themselves or a Third Party.
B. To return the bag by the agreed Return Date.
C. To not give possession of the bag to a Third Party.
D. To notify MDH immediately if the bag has been stolen and file a Police Report.
E. To pay any Penalty Fees incurred in a timely manner. Which has been agreed to by MDH.
F. To advise MDH immediately on delivery of the bag if their are any discrepancies with the condition of the bag. For example faults with the bag that you deem to be damage.